Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"Momma Said There'd Be Days Like This"

"Green Onion"
Oil on Canvas, 10x8," c. Catherine Vines
   
I've dropped, spilled, and touched up this painting until I lost sight of my original concept.
In general, I paint without medium, so this was an exploration for me. I used Liquin and I absolutely loved the painting the first day.
Today, when I went back in to touch up a few things... 
Nothing to do with the medium, more about thinking in a different way. I am accustomed  to adding touches of color at the end, and they turned glaringly obviously rather than a subtle highlight, necessitating more painting. 
So much for an ala prima painting! 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful painting . . . soft, wonderful, in-sync values. I really like the relationship between subject and background. Also like what you wrote in your profile and share your goal . . .

    ReplyDelete